Proctologically Violated©®

"Richard Ferguson" wrote in message
I would probably use fine wet-dry sandpaper, not sure what the finish on
the sink is, maybe 220 grit. I also use industrial scotchbrite to put on a
shiny but not buffed finish. Stainless does not have a special coating, as
far as I know, so just sand away the stain.

Yeah, but now he's gotta do the whole goddamm sink!
But one of the vississytudes of SS.

What I do is leave all markings on everything and call it "character".
Or NooVoo Art'n'****...
W/ 4 cats that will **** on yer feet if stand in one spot too long, I got
lots a character in my house... And great art....

Just spit ballin, but you might be able to find a spare sink in a scrap
yard, and experiment w/ heat on the stained area. Mebbe w/ some luck the
heat plus the stain might bring it back more in line w/ the original finish.
Scotchbrite is good for satin-y finishes, altho it would be better iffin you
could spin your sink on a lathe....
Actually, Continental puts ScotchBrite-like padding on 5/8-11 4" wheels, in
various grits (maroon, grey I have myself--very good hardware stores have
these), and Carborundum sells kits of rubber-backed thinner scothbrite-like
disks. Proly sumpn you could kluge together yourself.
An angle grinder on a variac is also less frenetic. Angle autopolisher is
also more sedate--just got one--really neat.
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

Richard

Peter Fairbrother wrote:
Hi,

I spilled some sulphuric acid on my stainless kitchen sink - if you're
going
to spill it anywhere, I figured a dry sink would be a safe place to do
it-
and safety wise it was a good idea, but it has left stains.

Any idea what I can use to remove them?

Thanks,