WhyKnot

We live near Rochester NY. We have long, snowy winters and the
average humidity all year long is usually above 50-60%.
Average low temps in Jan is in the mid teens and the heat goes on sometime
in October and stays on through April. Average high temps in July-Aug is in
the high 70's to low
80's. Average morning humidity in the summer is around 88%. Our family is
not very tolerant of the heat in summer because of a special medical
condition. I anticipate the AC will get a workout.

"m Ransley" wrote in message
The instaler and getting a written load calculation are the most
inportant as it is so easy for an installer to oversize you. Larger
units cost more, oversize and you wont remove humidity and heat to
quickly-unevenly. 80% is for areas that don`t have heat as a main
portion of their bill as Carrier has furnaces that are 16% more
efficient. Are you sure the Carrier is a VS motor and not 2 speed. You
did not say where you live and realy need more than 2 bids and a load
calculation.