Mike

"David Hearn" wrote in message
Anyone see "Grand Designs" last night? Chap built a flat-roof house on
a narrow site in Peckham. He basically banged up a metal frame and
clad it in some "phenolic plywood" or something, with sliding glass
sky-lights.

* I missed the beginning. They built a house which appeared to block
out the light to the side windows of the adjacent property. In a case
like this is it OK so long as the neighbour does not complain to the
planning dept when plans are announced?

I think he was restricted to a single storey as it was out of keeping with
the rest of the housing there, and because it would have affected the

light
of the neighbouring houses. He also had to hide it from the road front.

In
the end, it looked sort of similar to the garage of the house on the

right -
I guess that was partly by plan of the planners.

Anyone else notice the "For Sale" board at the house on the left mid-way
through?

Yep. If I had been that house I would have bid enough to get the land at
auction so as to extend the garden and stop some idiot squeezing his
erection against my toilet window.