Christian McArdle

Default B&Q Kitchens

FWIW I'm not sure I like integrated appliances in general. An
integrated dsishwasher has to have somewhat odd (and confusing for new
users) controls.

I find pressing a quality tactile button twice to select the programme and
then shutting the door considerably easier than revolving one of those
horrible motorised switches to the start position (which is usually half way
between two of the markings and will only go round one way, causing you to
attempt to find the exact position about four times).

(OK, it's got a counterbalancing spring but it's still heavy and
the inertia bangs on the hinge stops when it's opened).

The counterbalance is adjustable and must be set to precisely match the door
weight to prevent the door opening or closing by itself. Obviously, it can't
be factory set as door panel weights vary considerably. It should balance
perfectly in position and not bang open or shut.

As above, why go for integrated? We have a lovely big tall fridge
which looks exactly like what it is, a fridge.

That depends if you think big white appliances look cheap and crap. I do,
but many don't.

Christian.