John Stumbles

Guttorm Christensen wrote:

* John Rumm, Apr 13, 7:37 pm:

Guttorm Christensen wrote:
Short story;

I'm reliably informed that I need to change the pressure g
regulatin valve in my flat, and I've been told to expect a
price of £120-£180 for the valve, and £120 upward for labour.

The valve itself looks very similar to URL:
http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/343-1890, the only difference being that
there is no nob to change the pressure.

Soem have a screrw adjustment. I got one like that for a few pounds
(£10-ish? IIRC) from BES. I suggest you also get a pressure gauge (again
cheap from BES, though you'll need a way of connecting its 1/4" BSP male
thread to something more useful) and mesure your water pressure (a) where
it enters your flat (b) after the pressure reducing valve, and maybe also
at taps etc.