WillR

Roger wrote:
Wouldn't that violate the moral rights of the original "artist" and set
off a whole 'nother copyright thread?

No.

It would just embarrass Arch and there are no laws on that issue. Well
-- none that apply here anyway.

Considering the potential source of the wood material perhaps we should
have a thread on "immoral rights" -- and all that stuff. :-)

Unless you wanna insist the copy machine is an artist.... LOL

Those bowls are thick enough to try to refine a reasonable shape out of
them. Sadly they're cut with no regard to grain direction or color. I
thought about doing just what you suggest every time I drove past that
big "Walnut Bowls" sign on I-80. They are a heck of a lot cheaper than a
bowl blank at the woodcraft.

Roger

I always said to people if you make a copy Michelangelo's "David" from a
pile of crud, you still have the crud -- no matter the form.

Arch wrote:

Bill, are those mass produced walnut bowls cheap yet suitable bowl
blanks...or is that against the rules? In my wickedness and vice, I
thought about re-turning some bowls and platters from Target & WalMart,
but Far East wood is too identifiable and..... Oh the humiliation! if
the public prefers original Target over my 'artistic upgrades'.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Consider yerself humiliated you common Walmart copier you. ROTFLMAO.

Will
Occasional Techno-geek