Roger

Wouldn't that violate the moral rights of the original "artist" and set
off a whole 'nother copyright thread?

Those bowls are thick enough to try to refine a reasonable shape out of
them. Sadly they're cut with no regard to grain direction or color. I
thought about doing just what you suggest every time I drove past that
big "Walnut Bowls" sign on I-80. They are a heck of a lot cheaper than a
bowl blank at the woodcraft.

Roger

Arch wrote:
Bill, are those mass produced walnut bowls cheap yet suitable bowl
blanks...or is that against the rules? In my wickedness and vice, I
thought about re-turning some bowls and platters from Target & WalMart,
but Far East wood is too identifiable and..... Oh the humiliation! if
the public prefers original Target over my 'artistic upgrades'.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter