George E. Cawthon

Harry Everhart wrote:
I just got done with four hours of use of the chainsaw on a stick. This
one is made by Remington.

Wife loved it. She would point at the branches and I would cut. Four
hours was tiring - the cutting was easy - the carrying away of the limbs
was hard :-)

It is a nice tool for $98. It seemed very safe to use. I tried to keep
it at an angle so the stuff would fall in front of me. On larger
branches - I would saw it off in pieces from the extremities to the
crotch (of the tree).

In some cases - I went up onto the roof of our house and reached out
horiztonally.

My review - it did what I wanted - easier than a pruner with the rope -
I cut a six inch thick branch with no problems - looks like th esaw
could take bigger. I never cut from the bottom up - always putting the
saw blade on top of the branch. When extending to the full length - the
lock had a cam to hold it tight.

This one was made by Remington and purchased at Home Depot for $98. I
figure I got my money's worth out of it with one use. A local tree
surgeon wanted $500 to do what I did today in 4 days - again - the worse
part was hauling the stuff to the curb for pickup. anything you get to
the curb - our city picks up no extra charge.

Harry

Sounds like you have the technique down for you
saw, if you didn't get it stuck at least once.
The reason for the under cut in addition to
helping prevent a pinched saw is keep the under
part from tearing back to the tree when the branch
flips down. I'm surprised that a 6" branch didn't
do this, but your technique of taking a bit off
at a time starting with the tip, helps control the
weight and reduce tears.