MBQ

Default B&Q Kitchens

"jaime" wrote in message .. .
Looking through google the general concensus seems to be that they are ok
for a reasomably priced kitchen.

Is there any reason we should avoid them for either the units or the doors?

Looking at various kitchens the ones where the front of the carcuses matches
the doors look much better, however these are only avaliable on expensive
ranges or on a small selection of say the mfi range. Is it a feasiable idea
to simply edge the front edge of all the units with the B&Q iron on edging
edging strip that matches the doors?

We're very pleased with ours.

As others have said, buy the damped door bumpers and use the edging
strip. I have beech effect and have had absolutely no problem with
quality. I ordered on the web and everything was delivered on time
with no shortages or damage. Biggest problem was disposing of the
pallette they delivered it all on.

Also, I would recommend buying the premium drawer boxes. These allow
horizontal and vertical adjustment of the drawer fromts for (near)
perfect alignment.

One other problem was foolishly putting a spoon into a jug of boiling
custard fresh out of the microwave. After the resulting explosion, hot
custard dribbled down a door and has left a 2cm bubble in the foil
laminate (no injury to humans, thankfully, but it was instructive for
our 11yr old to learn from his Dad's mistake!)

MBQ