Jeff Wisnia

Hello everyone. What I am proposing to do is add an outdoor light
controlled by an outdoor switch in a double gang box that will also
have a GFI duplex outlet. The power will be provided by an existing
outdoor motion sensing light that is controlled by an existing indoor
single pole switch. This indoor switch is in the on position
practically all of the time so I believe if I just pigtail power to the
motion sensor light and then run power to the new fixtures I should be
alright, right? Will the power downline be turned off and on by the
motion sensor? Also, will I need to upgrade the indoor switch to handle
the extra load and is it also a bad idea to put another switch on a
line that has already been switched. Thanks.

What you describe will work fine. The downstram power will not be
diddled by the motion detector as long as you tap off from the input
side of that light fixture.

Just make sure you use wire no smaller than what's going from the
existing switch to the motion detector light. And, don't forget the
ground conductor.

A little unorthodox to be sure. If it was me, I'd probably remove the
existing switch and put a blank plate over the box, just to avoid
confusing someone not in the know about it. But, maybe you've got some
valid need to keep the motion detector from turning on at certain times.

HTH,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia