G Henslee

Joseph Meehan wrote:
jhughes37 wrote:

At this point I am considering calling the city to inspect the
installation and check for leaks. I know he would not be happy about
it, but I am a bit concerned. What should I do?

James

In most areas the gas company will do the inspection for free. I
strongly suggest it. Gas is safe, but leaks are not.

I caught a faint smell of gas at the meter a few months ago. One call
to PG&E and they had a guy out in an hour. Sure enough, the old shutoff
valve was leaking. IIRC, when I called they not only had a special 'hot
line' for that type of thing, they were very appreciative that I called.