William Brown

If you just want to siphon, get a clear plastic tube, stiff enough so
that you can insure it is in the gas in the tank when you insert it.
Buy some good gas and fill the tube with it, keeping both ends at the
same height. Put your thumb over the end you want the gas to come out
of. This will keep the gas from running out of the tube while you
insert the other end into the tank. Once you have the filled tube into
the gas in the tank, lower the other end to the empty gascan, keeping
the empty can and the end of the tube well below the level of the gas
tank. Remove your thumb and the flow will start. No need for sucking.

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I got a load of bad gas in the truck. Only starts if I give it a squirt of
ether. This is getting tired in a hurry.

I've tried the siphons with the squeeze bulb. Only barely acceptable. And I
got on eof the Mr. Goodpump with the piston pump. Still only marginal.

Anyone out there tell me how to safely drain a couple galons of gas into a
gascan. Then I can go buy some of a different brand of gas, and hope it
mixes in.

That ether can routine is getting irritating.

there.