"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:
I got a load of bad gas in the truck. Only starts if I give it a
squirt of ether. This is getting tired in a hurry.

Exactly what do you mean by "bad gas?"

Water, old, dirty moldy ????

The fix sort of depends on the problem. I suspect you are going to

have
a clogged filter as well.

Hint. Depending on your truck you may be able to access the tank via
the opening for the fuel gauge. You also may need to drop the tank, no

easy
job with a full tank.

You may want to try www.cartalk.com Be sure to include information
about why you think the gas is bad and exactly what make model and year of
truck. You are likely to get specific information for your truck.

Chris has, or had, an older model Dodge B-Van.
Thing that kills me, when I read his original post was that IIRC on the era
van hes got, it was before they went to the plastic tanks like on the 03s we
run, and there is a drain on them just for getting water and such out.

On alot of the newer stuff, there is what is called a rollover valve in the
line leading from the filler neck, to the tank, and thats as far as hes
gonna get with the hose as normally when you go to fill,it will float up and
out of the way, but a hose will do no such thing to it.

With his history, I am just curious how many of his customers, neighboors
and such found out this morning they were a few gallons shy.

I've tried the siphons with the squeeze bulb. Only barely acceptable.
And I got on eof the Mr. Goodpump with the piston pump. Still only
marginal.

Anyone out there tell me how to safely drain a couple galons of gas
into a gascan. Then I can go buy some of a different brand of gas,
and hope it mixes in.

That ether can routine is getting irritating.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia's Muire duit