Harry K

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Robert Allison" wrote in message

Go get a clear 5/8" plastic hose. If you are not quick, you may

have to
rinse your mouth out with a cold soda.

Now I KNOW that the old arts are being forgotten.

When I learned how to do that, clear hose was not available, just a

red
rubber hose into the tank of a '50 Chevy. You just guessed.

Sometimes you
guessed wrong. BLECH!

Or do it without sucking if there is enough gas in the tank. Push all
the hose in (hoping the end stays under), put thumb over open end and
pull hose out (hoping end stays under). Lower end and remove thumb.
Works about 60% of time for me. I hate the tast of gas and you taste it
for hours after sucking a mouthful.

Harry K