Fred

"Ikon" wrote in message
oups.com...
Agree that his contractor sounded strange. The places I used glue

were near
the kitchen sink and bathrooms.

No, he is not using glue, of course - he claims that the locks are
covered with 2-component glue, each side of the lock with one
component, and this glue gets activated when 2 pieces are locked.

I am wondering if this is true. Also, I was suggested that a substance
sold as "Plastic Wood" at Home Depot can be used to fill the space of
the chipped off pieces, and prevent further chipping. Going to test
this theory

Fixing laminates is a tough one, I just replace the bad ones. Don't think
the plastic wood would stick nor dry/sand to the same constancy as the
laminate surface. You may have better luck with the color matching wax
sticks they use on furniture repairs.