Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"in2minds" writes:
ok, our water supply comes via the neighbour, as in the supply from the
mains enters his premises (15mm copper pipe) and feeds his house then
follows on through the party wall into our house.
for a while now the pipes have been banging every time either of us turn
on and off the hot or cold taps
I'm almost positive this started after he did some plumbing work and the
only reasons I can think of are 1. an air lock and 2. pressure is too
high... is that all ?

3. loose pipe somewhere which bangs into something when
the water suddenly stops flowing in it.

any suggestions on how we can stop the banging ?

Operate all the water outlets to ensure there isn't one which you
haven't used since which still has a column of air trapped behind it.
This in conjunction with any water appliance which measures water
flow (such as a combi or multipoint boiler) can make a noise.

Try to identify where the noise is coming from. Might be worth one
of you feeling the pipework whilst the other turns a tap on and off.
A starting point would be where he did the plumbing. Check for
pipework flapping around due to lack of supports.

--
Andrew Gabriel