Guttorm Christensen

* John Rumm, Apr 13, 7:37 pm:

Guttorm Christensen wrote:
Short story;

I'm reliably informed that I need to change the pressure g
regulatin valve in my flat, and I've been told to expect a
price of =A3120-=A3180 for the valve, and =A3120 upward for labour.

Does this sound fair?

Hmm having a bit of difficulty working out what "pressure
regulating valve" you are talking about....

You could be talking about the boilers pressure relief valve.
Have aread of Ed's sealed system FAQ and pay particular
attention to said valve and the role expansion vessels play.

http://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/SealedCH.html

It that does not sound like what you are talking about, then perhaps

bit more information would help. i.e. Where is this valve? Part of

the
boiler, or something external to it? Could you photograph it and

stick
it on a web page for us to look at?

There is only one pipe for the water supply into the flat. This is the
'mains cold water supply'.

The pressure regulating valve is the third unit on the pipe coming into
the flat, and previous plumber identified this valve (whatever it is
called ;-) as where the pressure is reduced.

The valve itself looks very similar to URL:
http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/343-1890, the only difference being that
there is no nob to change the pressure.

Thanks

----