Gunner

On 13 Apr 2005 17:05:04 -0700, (distracted)
wrote:

I found what I believe to be a true RF-45 mill (9.5x32 table) with
cast iron bench; CA$3,000 (Approx.=US$2450) with tooling (8 collets,
drill chuck, 8 parallels, 5" swivel vice, small facing head, some end
mills, clamping kit. Table travel is unusual 11.5"x18.5" It is quite
noisy at higher speeds. I am considering this for my basement.

The price seems on the high side, but I would like to hear the
opinions of others... Is this a good deal or not?

Eric

For that kind of money, you should be able to buy a real mill such as
a Bridgeport, Tree, etc. But..shrug..it depends on where you live.

Here in So. Cal, a "user" BP can go between $1500-3000 USD, depending
on chrome ways, DRO etc.

Also, it depends on how much room you have to put a mill in. Im
rather found of the Burke Millrite if you have limited space.

Also, dont overlook horizontal mills if vertical ones are scarce. You
can do very good work with a horizontal mill.

Gunner
Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"