Alex

Default B&Q Kitchens

"Andy P" wrote in message
jaime wrote:
Looking through google the general concensus seems to be that they are

ok
for a reasomably priced kitchen.

Is there any reason we should avoid them for either the units or the

doors?

Many thanks

Jaime

We fitted a B&Q kitchen last year and it is fine. However, finding
doors (we used their Beech effect doors which are now discontinued) in
good condition was not easy. We originally had them delivered but found
that more than half of the twenty doors were damaged, either because of
poor manufacturing or being stored/handled badly. We ended up buying
them in-store and opening the boxes before buying them. You could
guarantee that to get a good door you had to open more than one box,
quite often three. Sometimes the boxes that looked like they had been
run over by their fork lifts were OK and the boxes that were in pristine
condition were damaged!

Having said that, once we had a set of good doors they were fine and
still are a year later. I would buy and fit a B&Q kitchen again.

Andy

I will eventually be probably fitting one of their kitchens in my own home -
the construction of them is much the same as you will find with any of the
'budget' suppliers - the raw carcasses may not be the prettiest things in
the world, but they do they job just fine.

With careful selection of doors, handles, appliances and most of all - good
installation, you can get a very good looking kitchen for very little money.
Buying appliances on the internet, you can find some very very good deals (I
used to have a source for Bosch built-in fridges for around £230!).

Alex

p.s. I've had exactly the same experience as Andy with the doors