xmradio

"Peter Grey" wrote in message
nk.net...
I went through the process of getting a mill about a year ago. I started
with an RF30, then sold it and bought a Gorton 8D. During that process I
kept my eye on the RF45 market, since I was considering getting one. I
should say that I'm immensely glad I didn't.

I think $2450 is extremely high for an RF45 even with the stuff that's
coming with it. Without knowing what type of shape the mill and tooling
is in or what flavor of RF45 you're looking at, it's hard to say what it's
worth. Keep in mind you can buy a new RF45-ish machine from HF for under
$1K, and I've seen them for less on sale.

I'm thinking that setup is worth $600 to $700. That's what I've seen them
go for in or around Northern California.

Peter

Agree about the 600-800 range for a garage mill, might try for a new one.

I got one thats lasted me over 10 years, just occasional use...

xman