Andy Hall

Default Advice on cordless drill/drivers

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 00:38:47 +0100, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

Andy Hall explained on 20/04/2004 :
I don't buy things at car boot sales because it is not clear what is
genuine and what is counterfeit and what is and isn't stolen property.
I prefer to buy tools of known origin with known quality of service
and support.

As do I, but for occasional DIY use I don't expect such items to take
quite the same level of punishment. Professional tools for regular,
hard, daily use.

--

I've found that whenever I've done that, the damn things are always
either inadequate, inaccurate or break down at the most inconvenient

OK, so there's a 2 year guarantee, or I can go and buy a new one.
The trouble is that that typically takes a couple of hours to go and
do and that costs way more than the difference in the cost of buying a
decent tool in the first place when you account for what time is
worth.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl