Grunff

Default Advice on cordless drill/drivers

Andy Hall wrote:

I've found this not to be the case as long as the tool is good
quality, with a good charger and the batteries are treated with
respect. I tend to stick to one or two brands and then batteries are
interchangeable between tools.

While we're on the subject, I don't know if you remember my thread last
year about my Erbauer 18V combi which failed. After much umming and
aaring, I replaced it with a similar priced (£130) Bosch 18V combi (you
said get a Makita, I said too expensive for weekend use).

Well, the Bosch has just started exhibiting motor bearing failure
symptoms. So this one's going back, and guess what I'm gonna buy ;-)

I have to say this is the only Bosch tool which has ever let me down. I
have a whole load of them (mains drill, planer, sanders, angle grinders
etc), some green (home) and some blue (pro), many of which have had a
lot of abuse over the years, and no failures. I don't think I'm
particularly hard on my drill/drivers - they get a lot of use, but
mostly non-hammer, and mostly for driving rather than drilling.

--
Grunff