Owain

Holly in France wrote:
Quite :-) My best ever idea was in the early 80s when I was watching my
brother in law painstakingly cutting the stencil for lettering a headstone.
Thought this could be done by computer using DTP software or similar, as
long as one could find someone to develop a cutting machine. But, oh no,
everyone thought that stonemasons would never be interested in such a
high-tech new-fangled thing.

In a student project in the 1980s on bank marketing I suggested my
'client' bank should have 24-hour call centres to deal with customer
enquiries. I even suggested they be located in areas of low labour cost
to reduce high street branch overheads. What a totally impractical idea
that was.

Owain