Rod Hewitt

Default Carpet tiles over carpet

(sPoNiX) wrote in :

I'm going to put some carpet tiles down.

Is there any reason that these can't be laid across the existing
carpet? Is there any advantage or disadvantage to doing this?

As others have said. We fitted some in a downstairs WC. Underneath we laid
some of the green 'stuff' meant for use under laminate flooring. (Seems to
be made of a woody, fibrous material.) The extra cushioning was noticeable
- but it gradually lessened. However, the insulating effect was very
considerable - at least to bare feet in the winter. I would hesitate to use
on a large area due to possible creep of the tiles.

--
Rod

www.annalaurie.co.uk