MTLnews

I have a programmable unit, and honestly, I don't even know what I did with
my remote. All the features are accessible on the front panel, and I usually
just set it and forget it anyhow. It's nice to have if you are sitting on
the couch, and tooo lazy to put the bear down to get up and turn it off when
it gets too cold, but it doesn't really chnge the functionality of the unit
Unless the remote is only $25 to $35 to get, I wouldn't even bother.
I'd save the extra $300.

Especially since the remote is probably IR, you'd need a line of site to the
unit anyhow which means you won't be that far away from it

"Mikepier" wrote in message
oups.com...
I went to the local appliance store yesterday shopping for an A/C unit.
They had a Friedrich 13,000 BTU 220V floor model that they wanted to
give me for $300( New one goes for almost twice that). Only thing is
there is no remote, but it originally came with one. Is there any way I
can program a universal remote for an A/C, or do I have to get a
replacement remote from Friedrich?