Mary Fisher

Default Network Cable Installation

"Kevin Rayner" wrote in message
This summer, when the wife is on holiday, I intend to take down the
manky lath & plaster walls and ceiling in the main bedroom and put up
plasterboard. This will enable me to run some extra cables for sockets and

telephone extension in the kids room so they can connect their computer in
the void.
It would be handy to run a network cable from the box room (my

office)
to the kids room to exchange data in the void, rather than trail a data
cable along the landing. Can I get a diy installation of sockets and

cabling
anywhere?

Others will give you the a-z of that but can I put in a plea for installing
sockets at, say, waist height? We did that in several rooms and it's so much
easier than having to bend down and push and pull plugs in at floor level.

There is of course some risk of damage from furniture, this can be taken
into account when deciding the positions. But there's a risk of damage even
at floor level so there's no difference there.

Mary

Thanks

Kevin