Kevin Rayner

Default Network Cable Installation

I have a local Maplin so I will give them a look as well as B&Q.

Thanks

Kevin
"Angus C" wrote in message
You could try maplin.co.uk if there is one near you as they do
a cat5 cabling kit that includes crimpers and a long length of cat5
for under 50quid - they do all the components separately too if needs be.
regards
@ngusC
"Hywel" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
says...
This summer, when the wife is on holiday, I intend to take down

the
manky lath & plaster walls and ceiling in the main bedroom and put up
plasterboard. This will enable me to run some extra cables for sockets

and a
telephone extension in the kids room so they can connect their

computer
in
the void.
It would be handy to run a network cable from the box room (my

office)
to the kids room to exchange data in the void, rather than trail a

data
cable along the landing. Can I get a diy installation of sockets and

cabling
anywhere?

You can get this sort of stuff from B&Q, and you'll probably find it
quite cheap. What's the distance? 54G wireless doesn't give any
noticeble slow-down for Internet stuff.

--
Hywel I do not eat quiche
http://kibo.org.uk/