Wainscotting

Default Advice on cordless drill/drivers

"P.R.Brady" wrote in message
Wainscotting wrote:
Want to buy a simple cordless drill/driver but would like information on
voltags vs price.Have seen (for instance) a Bosch PSR 1440 (14.4v) one

that
is around £50 but also there is a Bosch PSR 12ve (12 v) that is around

£70.
Is there any relationship between voltage and price at all? The Dewalt

range
is quite pricey so what do you get for your money with the? Thanks.

The odd thing about these devices is that voltage is not what should be
important
- wattage should be, just as with mains driven ones.

I bought a rechargable screwdriver (3 or 4 volt) for fitting shelves but
that was useless and I'm still looking for a good use for it.

I don't know about those expensive models but a 14.4 Volt cheapo drill
from B&Q for about £15 has been alsolutely great for screwdriving, and
is pretty good for holes in wood with up to a 15mm chisel bit. It will
get through an oak joist at a pinch, but it's cruel! I only get out the
new mains driven hammer drill for masonry, for holes in joists where
I've the room to get at it, or to impress the donor as it was a birthday
present!

Phil

Thanks Phil - I will take a peep at the cheaper higher voltage models.