Prometheus

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:55:30 -0700, Fly-by-Night CC
wrote:

In article ,
Steve Knight wrote:

Check the bearing on your idle wheel. We were having a problem with
this on one of the big saws at work, and about a week later the whole
bearing ripped itself to shreds. Made a lot of noise, but it didn't
damage anything- but with a 14" shop saw, that may be a different
story. It's definately worth checking out, anyhow.
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

will do.

Hmmm. I have a 14" saw but don't know what an idle wheel might be...

The idle wheel is the one that spins freely when you do not have a
blade installed. I never really bothered to check to see what Delta
called it in the manual for my little benchtop one, that's just what
HE&M calls them in the big ones. Sorry for any confusion on that
point.

BUT this brings another thought to mind - maybe one of your wheel
bearings is sloppy or perhaps something has entered the bearing and
intermittently gets pulled into the rotating action - causing the wheel
to jump.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam