Holly in France

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 10:43:49 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

"Holly in France" wrote in message

It's one of the common ways of dealing with them,

Is it? Oh well, great minds think alike then :-)

It wasn't my idea!

I know, but it was mine! :-) Not originally apparently, but in that I
thought of it independently.

I've occasionally thought of something brilliant and been devastated when
I've discovered it wasn't original. How are the mighty fallen :-)

Quite :-) My best ever idea was in the early 80s when I was watching my
brother in law painstakingly cutting the stencil for lettering a headstone.
Thought this could be done by computer using DTP software or similar, as
long as one could find someone to develop a cutting machine. But, oh no,
everyone thought that stonemasons would never be interested in such a
high-tech new-fangled thing. But....ALL the headstones are done this way
now, they even use this system for light marking of stone which is to be
V-cut by hand. Only very unusual lettering or designs are set out manually
these days. I should have taken out a patent on the idea at the time, might
have been a millionaire by now instead of struggling with digger tyres :-)

The older you get the more often it happens, you get used to it ... :-(

Thanks for the warning :-)

But if I wanted to kill squirrels, which I don't, it would have been one
I'd
try.

Perhaps this wasn't clear - I wasn't suggesting it as method of killing
them, just of making them fall off before they reached the birdtable.

They might drown ...

I just meant to hang up the birdtable on the wires in mid-air, not over
barrels of water.

--
Holly, in France
Holiday home in Dordogne