Fly-by-Night CC

In article ,
Steve Knight wrote:

Check the bearing on your idle wheel. We were having a problem with
this on one of the big saws at work, and about a week later the whole
bearing ripped itself to shreds. Made a lot of noise, but it didn't
damage anything- but with a 14" shop saw, that may be a different
story. It's definately worth checking out, anyhow.
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

will do.

Hmmm. I have a 14" saw but don't know what an idle wheel might be...

BUT this brings another thought to mind - maybe one of your wheel
bearings is sloppy or perhaps something has entered the bearing and
intermittently gets pulled into the rotating action - causing the wheel
to jump.
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the
Corporate States of America and to the
Republicans for which it stands, one nation,
under debt, easily divisible, with liberty
and justice for oil."
- Wiley Miller, Non Sequitur, 1/24/05