distracted

I tried to look up Rottblott in canada411.com so that I could phone
them. No listings. Do you know if they go by a different name? I
wanted to make sure they were still open and find out what their hours
of operation were. Eric

"Adam Smith" wrote in message . ..
Try Rottblott's at Front and Bathurst. They are mostly a scrap dealer, but
also deal machines. They had a Modern Standard lathe for sale, the last time
I was there.

If you are willing to pay full dealers price, Ford Machinery in Richmond
Hill.

You won't get any outright ibargains/i at either, but you might find
"reasonable" machine for "reasonable" price. I bought my Excello mill from
Rottblotts. I've also bought several machines from ebay sellers in Detroit
or Rochester area, rented a flatbed truck to go fetch them. That will be
cheaper than Rottblotts or Ford, for sure. There seem to be a lot of
conventional machines begging for bidders in Detroit, most any time I look.

Adam Smith,
Midland ON

"distracted" wrote in message
om...
I am looking for a good used 36"ish lathe & small mill suitable for a
basement shop & preferably with some tooling & at a reasonable price.
Does anyone know where I might look in Toronto, Ontario or within a
few hours drive?