Steven T King

"PVR" wrote in message
Assuming 2ft square tiles what is the smallest distance from the joists
the ceiling can be suspended? I want to maintain as much ceiling height as
possible.

Peter.

home depot has a system with no"drop" at all. Top half of the frame attaches
right to the joists and the bottom half "snaps" into the top, sandwiching
your tiles in. I Installed this in my basement for the same reason - didnt
lose more than 2" of height. Uses standard ceiling tiles, and you dont have
to worry about leveling all of the central framework since it mounts
directly to the joists.

The down side is that to get a tile (or say a flourescent light) in the
middle, you pretty much have to start at one end and remove several tiles to
get to the desired space.

I dont recall the cost compared to standard systems. But it didnt seem
extreem at the time.

STK