Ken

MP wrote:
I was wondering if someone could enlighten me. In all that I've read

about
bathroom exhausts, most of the time it talks about using the soffit

exhaust the vapour.

However, I talked to a friend and he said to avoid that, because it

builds
moisture under the endge of the roof. I'd be better off with a roof

vent.

Could someone please give me some feedback on this?

TIA

Here's one other possibility that I did: Our second floor bathroom
happens to be directly under an attic dormer. I ran the fan exhaust a
couple feet to the side to be directly under the dormer wall, and then
up a few feet into the dormer wall. It vents out the side of the
dormer wall. Seems to be the best combination to me, that the vent
pipe rises continuously, and then vents out the wall with no roof
penetration.

Ken