Luke

As some of you suspected it's my analog volt meter. If I had
understood the meter could give false voltage readings, I would have
mentioned which meter I was using in my first post, though I did
mention it later. The electrician checked the house wiring and there's
nothing wrong. The only suspect is possibly the TV tuner, so the next
step is to maybe contact a TV repair. One positive thing out of this
is I found a very good electrician, after one guy never returned the
phone call and another one failed to show when promised.

Anyway, thanks, and as the late great Emily Litella said: Nevermind!

Cheers!

--
Luke