Bob G

Check out the cost of buying the tank. It may take ten years before you
save enough on the price of fuel to break even.

I just purchased a tank a few weeks ago...400 pound tank...a little
over 100 gallons..brand new @275 bucks... Just the difference in my
last 100 gallon purchase would have been 60 odd bucks..since I filled
it 3 times last winter payback time is slightly less then 10 years
....more like about 1-2 years...

Not likely. Why would the supplier agree to sell to you at a discount? He owns
your tank. He knows you can't buy the gas from anyone else.

All very true that is why I purchase my own tank...

Bob Griffiths