RicodJour

TURTLE wrote:
I just got a carpenter to finish a bay window area and there is about

area of
about 4 sheet of sheet rock to paint and it has been finished and

floated and
new sheet rock.

1] What kind of paint to start with to prime the sheet rock and

everything will
be off white?

2] The carpenter recommended condora something paint but I like

Benny Moore
type paint but what brand is the one to use?

This from the Benjamin Moore site on priming: http://tinyurl.com/3spf8

Two coats of finish paint will be the minimum. Much more durable and
will even out the wall surface better so you won't see the joint
compound (banding).

Consumer Reports had very good things to say about California Paints.
Very good performance and price: http://www.californiapaints.com/

In paint, the expensive stuff is the pigment. This is also what gives
the paint body and coverage (as in covering another color paint so you
don't see it). More pigment, higher price, better paint. The material
cost is the least of it in painting. Don't cheap out on the paint.