Bond R. Milton

If you use propane you may want to ask for a larger tank
than you think necessary.

I have a house in Michigan with nominal 330 gallon propane
tank that for safety can only be filled to 85% level, about
280 gallons. The tank is located in the back yard behind a
small barn so that its size or appearance is not a problem.
I use 420 to 480 gallons per winter. If I had requested a 500
gallon tank (425 gallons)I could fill up when prices are low
in August, top off the tank in November, and avoid the December
through March price rise.

Most of my neighbors use the same supplier that I use because
it is the cheapest. Michigan requires that I pay to lease the
tank from the owner but it is only a dollar a year.

They refused to increase the tank size unless I required a refill
every month.