On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 17:02:59 -0400, "MP"
wrote:

I was wondering if someone could enlighten me. In all that I've read about
bathroom exhausts, most of the time it talks about using the soffit to
exhaust the vapour.

However, I talked to a friend and he said to avoid that, because it builds
moisture under the endge of the roof. I'd be better off with a roof vent.

Could someone please give me some feedback on this?

TIA

Do you have existing roof vents? If so you can route your vent
hose to the edge of an existing vent and staple it in place. This
allows most of the exhaust to escape and still allows the roof vent
to function as originally designed.

I assume this method is not to code but, I have used this method for
more five years now without any moisture damage to any part of the
vent area or the roof.