Joseph Meehan

MP wrote:
I was wondering if someone could enlighten me. In all that I've read
about bathroom exhausts, most of the time it talks about using the
soffit to exhaust the vapour.

However, I talked to a friend and he said to avoid that, because it
builds moisture under the endge of the roof. I'd be better off with a
roof vent.
Could someone please give me some feedback on this?

TIA

First never exhaust a bath vent to the soffit area. The natural air
flow will keep it from going out the soffit and you will just build up
moisture in your attic. Not good

I suggest you avoid venting it through the soffit. In this case since
the natural flow of air is from the soffit to the higher roof vents it will
tend to get sucked into the nearest soffit vent and cause the same problem,
but to a lesser degree.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia's Muire duit