Steve Knight

Tires could be your problem. If they're gummed flat or losing their crown,
it's easier for the blade to run forward. Keep a couple of wedges at hand
to open the kerf before you start backing out, BTW.

I glanced at them and they seemed ok. I don't get gum as I only cut tropicals.
when the wood dues pull at the blade when I pull it out it is only slightly
since I am cutting tropicals. but it even happens if a piece of wood jams in the
throat plate. I will inspect my rubbers tomorrow (G)

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes