Rich Greenberg

In article .com,
Drew wrote:
I'm no electrician, so, if there's no easy answer to this, I'm calling
a pro. I'm trying to fix an electrical outlet in my house. Seems like
a wiring problem, though I initially suspected the outlet.

Measured voltages:
Black (hot) vs. ground = 120VAC
White (neutral) vs. ground = 0VAC
(so far, so good, eh?)
Black vs. white = 0VAC
(should be 120VAC, right?)

Any idea what would cause this other than wiring problem? All other
devices on this circuit work.

Somewhere between this outlet and the other end of the white wire is an
open. Check the previous outlet in the chain.