Doug Miller

In article , Bob G. wrote:

after I got the bill in March I started calling LP dealers in the
area...proce per gallon has gone up...but the range was from 2.10 to
2.30 ...a good 10 percent less then what I had paid from the supplier
WHO OWNED the tank...

That's normal.

Next year IF I DO NOT CONVERT to Electric heat I will at least be able
to shop around for the best price

Don't bet on it. If the supplier owns the tank, it's likely that you can't get
anyone else to fill it. That's why you got better price quotes from the other
suppliers: they were quoting you the rate for filling homeowner-owned tanks,
but you're currently paying the rate for a supplier-owned tank.

Check out the cost of buying the tank. It may take ten years before you
save enough on the price of fuel to break even.

or lock into a seasonal rate that is
for the entire heating season...

Not likely. Why would the supplier agree to sell to you at a discount? He owns
your tank. He knows you can't buy the gas from anyone else.

--
Regards,