Bob G.

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 03:04:04 GMT, "Art"
wrote:

Around here you sign with a LP company and they supply the tank but you have
to buy from them at their unregulated price. Also they can lie about the
price. So get it in writing.

===============
Very True... I bought my own 400 pound (100 gallon ) tank just last
week...
My home is a total electric home so I use electric heat...BUT when I
wanted to heat my woodshop I went with a NG Furnace which I converted
to Propane...

Paid 1.79 a gallon in Novenber for a gallon of Propane...1.92 in
January and got hit 2.68 a gallon in early March...

after I got the bill in March I started calling LP dealers in the
area...proce per gallon has gone up...but the range was from 2.10 to
2.30 ...a good 10 percent less then what I had paid from the supplier
WHO OWNED the tank...

Next year IF I DO NOT CONVERT to Electric heat I will at least be able
to shop around for the best price or lock into a seasonal rate that is
for the entire heating season...

BTW electric works out cheaper if Propane sells for 2.00 a gallon...
based on the number of gallons of Propane I needed in the shop this
year..based on BTU's per gallon vs cost of Electricity (BTU's/Kwh)..
not even factoring in the effeciency of electric vs propane...

Bb Griffiths