Doug Kanter

"Bob G." wrote in message
On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 08:48:52 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

snip snip.........
I have problems with carpenter bees ..have for the last 5-6 years...

Problems with two outbuildings... a Wood shop and a Garage...NOT the
house... and only on the trim on those buildings

For some reason...the bees only do thier thing on wood that was
painted a dark color in my case... Brown The house has white trim

So 2 years ago when I painted the woodshop I changed the trim to
white...(not because of the bee problem ) BUT the bees just stopped
attaching the building .. .end of the bee problem ....

Have no idea why..But the garage is getting painted this year and you
bet the trim will be change to white...

Not a Scientific observation..But what can I say.....

Bob Griffiths

Maybe the dark colors look more like tree bark to the bees. They must've
burrowed somewhere before people began building dwellings. Probably trees.
:-)