Joe S

Mikepier wrote:
Last week I posted a topic on getting the right sprinkler heads for my
arborvitae plants. I planted 7 along the fence ( total length from end
to end is 22') At each end is the existing sprinkler heads. I purchased
2 Toro end strip nozzles. They look like this:
http://www.toro.com/sprinklers/fixed...les/53148.html

After firing up my sprinklers I noticed the 2 arborvitae at the ends
were not getting water,even after adjusting the sprinklers.
One solutuion was to add a sprinkler head in the middle and use a
center strip nozzle like this:
http://www.toro.com/sprinklers/fixed...les/53147.html

That would cover the entire 7 plants, including the ones at the ends.
My question is would adding an additional sprinkler reduce pressure on
this zone enough to affect the other heads that water my lawn. It is
fed by 3/4 inch supply.

Yes, of course it will reduce the pressure to other heads in the same
zone. However, unless all the lawn heads had been completely 'open', you
should be okay. You may have to adjust the lawn sprinkler heads after
the change.

That being said, if I had 7 plants I wanted to water along a strip, I
don't think I'd do it with spray heads. I'd either use drip or bubblers,
myself, depending on how much water was needed.

--
Joe