JimL

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 18:59:17 -0700, maxinemovies email on
wrote:

The gas company has lines about a hundred yards from where we're
building our house. They say it will be SIX WEEKS before they can tell
us what it's going to cost to bring it in to our property.

On the other hand, we could just go with LP gas.

My feeling is that I'd rather have natural gas even if it costs a bit
to get it initially. LP gas also has an initial cost for tank, etc.,
doesn't it?

Any ideas on what it's going to cost them to bring the natural gas
lines in to our property? Educated guesses?

And opinions on which we should go with, natural or LP?

Many thanks.

Maxi

Email addy upon request.

Gas prices are going up daily and who knows where it will end?
Your new home should be plumbed for NG, but with emergency heat
coming from both electricity and LP. Surely you can do a minimal
installation of a single line running to your main living area for
LP. How much could that cost?

I'd expect a hook-up to cost about $6,000 to $8,000 if they have to
cut into their main line.