J. Clarke

Hax Planks wrote:

lid says...

Lazy susans are not designed for horizontal forces and LV has suggested
against it. They are designed to turn, not spin.
I need something like a utility trailer wheel support only horizontal.

You could just get some car (or truck) bearings from any auto parts
store. They are cone bearings that support the spin in both directions.
A few dollars is all they cost. Still, I think the lazy susan bearings
would work very well. If your disc is centered and reasonably balanced,
there will be no horizontal forces worth worrying about. Since the disc
is symmetrical, the centrifugal forces cancel out and all you have left
is gravity. Believe it or not, it's true.

Assuming it's balanced and he doesn't apply any side force.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate