Olaf

"Olaf" wrote in message

"Art" wrote in message
k.net...
You would not want anything less efficient then one that uses PVC. PVC

is
cheap and zero clearance. The guy who comes out to look at your old
installation should have a way to do it. He is also going to have to

route
the condensate out of the house sometimes using a small pump and vinyl
hose..... again no big deal.

According to http://hem.dis.anl.gov/eehem/94/941108.html the condensation

is
supposed to run back to the furnace. :-/

I'm learning myself, and I don't quite understand why it wouldn't be

better
to keep the condensation out of the furnace.

OK, I should have kept reading... it does say the condensate needs to be
drained. sheesh! I was wondering why one would want water boiling off in the
heat exchanger... what a waste of energy!