Olaf

"Art" wrote in message
k.net...
You would not want anything less efficient then one that uses PVC. PVC is
cheap and zero clearance. The guy who comes out to look at your old
installation should have a way to do it. He is also going to have to

route
the condensate out of the house sometimes using a small pump and vinyl
hose..... again no big deal.

According to http://hem.dis.anl.gov/eehem/94/941108.html the condensation is
supposed to run back to the furnace. :-/

I'm learning myself, and I don't quite understand why it wouldn't be better
to keep the condensation out of the furnace.

The only thing I can come up with so far is that it's supposed to run back
in to be heated enough to evaporate and be expelled as a gas instead of
pooling in the exhaust pipe somewhere and restricting the airflow. But
wouldn't a condensate drain work, and be a better idea, like you suggest
above?

We have a pulse furnace at one of the homes where I work. I have no idea why
anyone would want a pulse-jet honking away like that in their basement. It
is quite annoying... the first time I kicked the furnace on I shut it back
off because I thought it was malfunctioning.